2018 Nissan Kicks Specs and Features
One of the most exciting things for us at Nissan of Melbourne is when a dealership introduces a new model. The possibilities are endless for features, killer apps and design. It’s just as exciting, and maybe even more so, when a new model is introduced to replace an outgoing one.
This almost always means that Nissan has changed so much that they felt the need to introduce a brand new moniker and brand for the newest addition. The 2018 model years sees the Nissan Juke replaced by a brand new Nissan model in the subcompact crossover segment.
We’d like to be the first to introduce you to (drumroll, please) the 2018 Nissan Kicks!
The 2018 Nissan Kicks is a dynamically-styled crossover with urban ambitions. Standard safety features and technology make it the perfect companion for city transportation. Inspired by Brazil, the fashionable exterior design is athletically poised and features an energetic, downward-pointed profile.
The 2018 Nissan Kicks has a range of color options including duo-tone choices with a black, “floating roof” design.
And, of course the 2018 Nissan Kicks features Nissan’s signature V-Motion grille.
2018 Nissan Kicks Specs
The 2018 Nissan Kicks offers more than just style, however. It’s performance is engineered to thrive in tight and busy urban environments.
2018 Nissan Kicks Engine and Performance Specs
- 1.6L DOHC 16-valve 4-cylinder engine with CVVTCS (Continuous Variable Valve Timing Control System)
- 125 horsepower
- 115 lb-ft. of torque
- Anticipated fuel economy of 33 combined MPG*
- Transmission – Xtronic
- Drive config
- Front wheel drive
- Traction Control System (TCS) – standard
- Vehicle Dynamic Control (VDC) – standard
- Hill Start Assist (HSA) – standard
- Front independent strut with stabilizer bar
- Rear twist beam with stabilizer bar
- Twin-tube shock absorbers
- 16″ steel with Nissan full-wheel covers – standard
- 17″ alloy – available
2018 Nissan Kicks Dimensions
- Vehicle dimensions
- Wheelbase – 103.1 inches
- Length – 169.1 inches
- Width – 69.3 inches
- Height 62.4 inches with roof rails
- Passenger volume – 5 passengers
- Front row dimensions
- Headroom – 40.7 inches
- Legroom – 43.7 inches
- Hip room – 50.9 inches
- Shoulder room – 53 inches
- Second-row dimensions
- Headroom – 38.5 inches
- Legroom – 33.2 inches
- Hip room – 49.1 inches
- Shoulder room – 53.2 inches
- Cargo volume
- Total interior volume – 119.2 cubic feet
- Front passenger seat folded, rear seats folded – 54.6 cubic feet
- Second-row folded (to front row) – 39.3 cubic feet
- All seats up (to second-row) – 25.3 cubic feet
It’s always bittersweet to see a favorite like the Juke make way for a new model, but based on the above, we couldn’t be more excited about the new Nissan Kicks.
Nissan expects the Kicks to hit showrooms by late spring/early summer 2018. As it gets closer to shipping to dealers, we expect Nissan to provide more information on this dynamic and stylish new model. As we get this information, we’ll be sure to pass it along to you on our blog.
For more information about new or outgoing Nissan models, or to schedule a test drive, contact us today!
*Fuel economy based on targeted 2018 EPA fuel economy estimates for 2018 Kicks FWD models –
EPA data not available at time of publication. Anticipated fuel economy 33 mpg combined.
Estimate based on Nissan internal testing results, subject to EPA confirmation. Actual mileage
may vary with driving conditions – use for comparison only.